The United States is going through the worst health crisis of its history as COVID-19 cases continue to surge. In this situation, Biden coronavirus policy will have a huge role to play in eradicating COVID from the United States.
Most countries are experiencing the second layer of COVID-19, while the United States has not even come out of the first one. On Thursday, the United States reported more than 185,000 COVID-19 cases, which is a record.
COVID-19 related hospitalization facilities are also working at their full potential but are still unable to cope with such a high number.
Pfizer, in partnership with German BioNTech, has developed a vaccine showing good results. But it will take months for the vaccine to get into the market and to be used for such a large number of people.
The companies have ensured that the vaccine will be available in limited quantities in a few weeks. However, the limited quantity will not be enough if the graphs continue to rise at the same rate as they are doing now.
The blame for the spread of COVID-19 falls largely on the federal government, as it failed to realize the seriousness of the situation.
President Donald Trump has been involved in spreading misinformation about the virus and failed to respond to the virus effectively. The Trump administration, along with the president, spent the time blaming China when they were supposed to help the country fight this pandemic. The Biden coronavirus policy will help the United States in tackling the crisis that has shattered the social and economic ranks of the United States.
Several countries around the world have managed to save their people from the pandemic, including those with poor health facilities and limited resources. The United States, with all its power, failed to do so only because of the mismanagement of the Trump administration.
In this article, we will be discussing how Biden coronavirus policy will be effective in eradicating the virus from its roots. We will be exploring plans that President-elect Joe Biden has to tackle the worst crisis in the history of the country.
Biden coronavirus policy: Seven point plan to beat COVID-19
President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-Elect Kamala Harris have a seven-point plan to beat COVID-19.
- Fixing the testing and tracing fiasco of the Trump Administration is the first and foremost priority of the Biden coronavirus policy. It aims to ensure that every American gets regular, reliable, and free testing. Other plans in Biden coronavirus policy include doubling the drive-through testing facilities and investing in more reliable testing services. Similarly, a wartime production of testing facilities and mobilization of 100,000 Americans to help with the identification and protection of the at-risk population is also in Biden’s plan.
- President-elect Joe Biden coronavirus policy aims at taking responsibility for Americans rather than leaving them in the hands of federal and local governments. He aims at using the Defense Production Act to accelerate the production of masks, face shields, and other pieces of equipment. He also intends to build up the manufacturing capabilities of American companies. By doing so, the country will not be dependent on others for the critical supply of this life-saving equipment.
- President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris intend to launch awareness campaigns under Biden coronavirus policy. This way they can heal the damage done by the Trump administration by spreading fake information. They also want to provide help to local and state governments to provide effective COVID-19 response and provide relief packages to small businesses and schools.
- Joe Biden plans to equally distribute the vaccine so that there is no discrimination based on race or gender. The Biden administration will be investing $25 million in vaccine production and distribution so that every American gets it free.
- The Trump administration failed to protect the high-risk population from the virus. Biden’s administration aims at prioritizing this population by the establishment of the COVID-19 Racial and Ethnic Disparities Task Force under Biden coronavirus policy.
- President-elect Joe Biden also plans to restore many departments that were eliminated by the Trump administration. It includes the restoration of the White House National Security Council Directorate, PREDICT, re-establishing relations with the World Health Organization, and deploying disease detectives.
- Public health experts believe if Americans wear masks and keep social distancing, more than 70,000 Americans could be saved. The Biden administration will be implementing mask mandates nationwide with the help of governors and mayors.
Fighting the pandemic at the global level
Infectious diseases such as COVID-19 see no borders, as the whole world is suffering from it. Over 1.3 million people across the globe have died from it, and billions are suffering.
Such a crisis demands international collaboration, so President-elect Joe Biden, as the president of the United States, will have the powers to save the masses across the globe.
Joe Biden, as he has made it clear, will use a scientific approach to confront the challenges. He will have to reverse the Trump administration’s policies, starting with re-establishing the relationship with the World Health Organization. The World Health Organization is leading the effort against the pandemic. So, it needs funding from the United States, hence, under the Biden coronavirus policy, WHO will be treated much better.
The United States, being the first country to have developed an effective vaccine, will have a huge responsibility on its shoulders.
The vaccine will not only have to be manufactured for the United States but also the whole world. President-elect Joe Biden will have to ensure the global supply of vaccine to tackle the crisis.
Bipartisan cooperation among world leaders is also important in such times. The United States holds a significant position in the world due to its important economical and strategic position. So, it will have to lead the world to not only fight with COVID-19 but also to ensure that in the future no such crisis emerges.
Pfizer and BioNtech recently submitted their vaccine to the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use approval amid a high spike of the coronavirus cases.
The president-elect will inherit a country that is worst affected by COVID-19 and is going through the worst crisis of its history.
Public health experts believe that by the time Joe Biden will enter the White House, the United States would have lost more than 370,000 of its citizens.
The president-elect will have to take immediate actions under the Biden coronavirus policy to save millions of Americans from dying. The world is also looking towards Joe Biden to help them fight this crisis.
Eli is a Political Data Scientist with over thirty years of experience in Data Engineering, Analytics, and Digital Marketing. Eli uses his expertise to give the latest information and distinctive analysis on US Political News, US Foreign Affairs, Human Rights, and Racial Justice equipping readers with the inequivalent knowledge.